We welcome supplemental information from those of you who have a serious interest in the arts.
If you would like to have your special talent in one or more of the arts considered as a part of the admissions process, you must submit the optional supplemental material using SlideRoom.
- Studio Art
- We welcome all students to take Studio Art classes, however, please submit a portfolio for evaluation only if you are serious about majoring or minoring in Studio Art. Submit 10 examples of your strongest artwork. NOTE: Our primary evaluation is in your capacity for imaginative thinking. Your work should reflect a range of ideas, willingness to experiment, curiosity, skills, and self-expression. Please note the title, date, medium and dimensions of each work.
- Instrumental/ Voice
- Solo performances are preferred. Feel free to submit several samples that demonstrate your musicality, intonation, phrasing and repertoire, but preferably no more than 10-15 minutes.
- Two monologues (of contrasting styles if possible) introduced by the applicant, totaling no more than four minutes, is preferred. If that is not possible, brief clips of performances, totaling no more than four minutes, are acceptable.
- Please include no more than three samples of reasonable length as performer and/or choreographer. We want to experience the variety and strength of your ability. Please identify yourself if you are not the soloist. If you would like to include additional information such as a dance resume or letter of recommendation you can do this via SlideRoom.
- Film or Video
- Video submissions can either be a complete piece, an excerpt from a longer piece, or a selection from multiple pieces, but in total they should not exceed 10 minutes. The student should clearly state what roles were played in the production (e.g. director, camera, editing, writing, etc.)
For Common Application
- Access SlideRoom via the Common Application.
- In the Member Questions section, you must answer the question “Do you intend to submit an art supplement?” in the affirmative.
- If you have already submitted your application and did not answer this question, you can still submit an arts supplement by logging in to SlideRoom. If you used the same email address for your SlideRoom and Common App accounts you will be prompted by SlideRoom for your Common App ID (located in the top right corner of the Common App screen). If not, you can still submit the arts supplement (we will sync your submission with your application).