In addition to its location in the incredible city of Oxford, the Middlebury-CMRS semester program offers a number of distinct advantages:
- Carefully structured academic coursework. For 10 weeks of the semester, students take two traditional Oxford one-to-one tutorials, along with a readings seminar. For the remaining 4 weeks, students write a supervised research paper on a subject chosen by them in consultation with academic staff.
- Course offerings designed to serve the needs of students at US colleges and universities. We can tailor tutorial classes to meet US major requirements.
- A broad range of courses within all of the Humanities, including modern subjects. You’ll find everything from ancient history to 20th-century poetry on our course list.
- Courses in Languages and Social Sciences can be arranged through consultation with the Senior Tutor.
- On-site academic advising by the team of Principal, Senior Tutor and Assistant Senior Tutor and on-site support and information from the Administrator.
- On-site out-of-hours personal advising and information from two Junior Deans who reside in the building.
- Superbly-located building right in the heart of Oxford.
- A close relationship with Keble College and full use of college facilities.
- Access to the Bodleian Library’s remarkable network of resources.
- An on-site library of 17,000 volumes.
- Field trips within and outside Oxford.
- Organized activities and student events.
- 40 years of CMRS experience in Oxford, combined with Middlebury College’s 70-year reputation of excellence in study abroad.
The program has more than 4,000 alumni, so don’t just take our word for it. See more of what they have to say.