| by Barbara Burke
Middlebury Institute Students:
Beginning tomorrow, Wednesday, February 24, we will take the next small step in gradually providing on-campus opportunities for students. We have arranged to have five offices in the McCone building available for individual students who might need a stable WiFi connection for class, job interviews, etc. Use of the offices will be monitored by Campus Security and the following protocols will be in place.
- Sign-up will be required via the sign-up sheet.
- Reservations are available in Monday – Friday between 8AM – 4PM and must be made no later than the day before. No day-of reservations.
- Only one person per office per day. When you sign up, be sure to add your estimated arrival and departure times. For now, we are not limiting the number of reservations per student, but will monitor the demand. The offices will be cleaned after 4PM for the next day’s reservations.
- When you arrive for your reservation at the main doors of McCone on Pierce Street, call Security at 831-647-4153 and they will come and provide access to the building. The individual office doors will already be unlocked.
- If you are ill, do not come to campus. Masks must be worn as you arrive and depart, but do not need to be worn inside the office.
- All individuals who sign up to use the offices will be required to wear an ID lanyard to identify they are authorized to be on campus. Security will provide to individuals upon arrival for their reservation. Please keep these lanyards and bring them back to campus with you for future reservations in either the offices or the outdoor tables. Lanyards should only be worn during approved reserved time on campus.
- ID cards are required. If you do not have an ID card, they can be requested by:
Security will make your ID card and notify you when it’s ready for pick-up. ID cards must be in hand at least 24 hours before any table reservations.
- Disinfecting wipes will available in each office for your use.
- No eating/food or alcoholic beverages.
- The restrooms on the first and second floor of McCone are available for use.
And a reminder that outdoor picnic tables are available for 1:1 meetings Monday – Friday between 8AM – 6PM in 1 hour & 50 minutes increments. Tables can be reserved via the sign-up sheet.
We will continue to look for additional ways to allow student access to campus, dependent on California COVID guidelines. I am happy to answer any questions you might have.
Executive Assistant to the Vice President