Congratulations and welcome to the Middlebury Institute!
New Student Checklist
Complete these steps before New Student Orientation in January (for spring entry students).
- Join MIcommunity, the incoming student course. Refer to instructions provided by the Office of Student Services or email email@example.com for more information. In MIcommunity you will:
- Complete required pre-Orientation assignments from the Office of Student Financial Services, Student Services and the Center for Advising and Career Services
- Meet other new students and/or seeking out someone to live with on the Roommate Finder Discussion Thread
- Receive weekly announcements about important dates, information and useful resources leading up to the start of the semester
- Complete the new student arrival form, which will be emailed to you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive the form within two weeks of your deposit, starting November 15.
- When prompted, activate your Middlebury Network Account and begin checking your Middlebury email. Note that email messages will still be coming to your non-Middlebury email account until you start classes, so please be checking both email inboxes regularly.
- Start planning your arrival to Monterey -
- Determine if you will enroll in or waive out of the MIIS Student Health Insurance Plan; one of those steps is required of you by the first day of the semester.
- Once you've arrived, request a photo ID card and/or visit Security to obtain a parking permit, if applicable.
- If you are an international student, check in with International Student and Scholar Services (located in the Office of Student Services) with appropriate documents and complete the address update form once you have a place to live.
All new students should come to the Welcome Center to check in upon arrival to campus.
Orientation is the official start of your program and a great time to meet and network with your new classmates. You'll also have several opportunities to focus on your career-readiness and learn how to maximize your time at the Institute to achieve your professional goals.
Language Placement Test
Review information about preparing for and taking our Language Placement Test.