Thuy Nguyen is an international education professional with over a decade of experience. Her professional interests include working in global strategies and experiential learning abroad programming. Her professional experiences range from English language teaching to intercultural and curriculum consulting work to education abroad programming to leading efforts to inform global strategies. She is currently one of two Global Strategies Officer at The University of Texas at Austin, working to facilitate the establishment of new systems for international agreements with foreign institutions.
Her distinctions include a Certificate in Technical Japanese Studies for Professionals from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and an International Education Administrators Award from Fulbright to Taiwan in 2019. She has also passed the Japanese Language Proficiency Text at the N1 level and and is a native speaker of both Vietnamese and English.
Master of Arts – International Education Management, Summa Cum Laude Monterey, California | Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey 2015
Masters of Science – Bacteriology Madison, Wisconsin | University of Wisconsin-Madison 2009
Bachelor of Science – Molecular Environmental Biology & Microbial Biology, High Distinction Berkeley, California | University of California Berkeley 2006
NAFSA Region III Conference 2019 | Addison, Texas
• Enhancing Your Professional Development: International Opportunities Via Fulbright presentation
• Health Abroad: Preparing Students for a Successful Experience
Foundation for International Cooperation in Higher Education of Taiwan (FICHET) 2019 | Taipei, Taiwan
• Trends in Education Abroad – US Student Mobility Presentation, Thuy T. Nguyen
Diversity Abroad Annual Conference 2019 | Boston, Massachusetts
• Programming and Partnerships to Reduce Financial Barriers to Study Abroad poster presentation
Asia-Pacific Association for International Education (APAIE) Annual Conference 2018 | Singapore
• Global Professional Training: A Professional Spin on Campus Internationalization presentation
CET Academic Programs Annual Conference 2016 | Shanghai, China
• An Ops-ortunity to Discuss Admissions and the FORUM Standards presentation