During this period of closure, library staff will be providing services to the Middlebury Institute community through the following ways:
Contact-Free Borrowing Service
We offer contact-free checkout of physical materials – books, magazines, journals, and DVDs – for current Middlebury Institute students, faculty, staff, interns, and fellows who live in the Monterey area.
Requesting items for checkout:
· You may search our catalog at http://go.miis.edu/libcat
· Library staff are available to assist with your search
· Send an email to email@example.com with the list of items you would like to check out, including your Middlebury Institute ID #
· Library staff will check out requested items using your Middlebury Institute ID number
· You will receive an email verifying that your items are ready for pick up
· Please contact Barbara Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your pick up, noting the day and estimated arrival time when you will come to campus
· Pick up site is Office Services in Casa Fuente, Monday - Friday between the hours of 9AM – 12PM
· Your library items will be bagged and labeled with your name
PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 72 HOURS FOR THE FULFILLMENT OF YOUR REQUEST
Return of items:
· Please return library items using the book drop located to the left of the library front doors
· We encourage you to wear latex/rubber gloves when opening the book drop
For further information, visit the Library Policies page.
For students: All library course reserves are available at go.miis.edu/ereserves
For faculty: Please contact us if you have additional materials to add by emailing email@example.com
Books required for Spring semester are still being purchased provided they are available as eBooks that allow simultaneous access. Curriculum related streaming films may also be requested. Note that we are not purchasing print materials at this time.
Requesting articles or book chapters: We will continue fulfilling requests for articles and book chapters.
Requesting of books: Suspended
You will find our program-specific research guides at: https://middlebury.libguides.com/MIIS
Note: All library online resources are available remotely to current students, staff, and faculty. If you have any questions about access, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further assistance, you can send us a message via our new Chat with a Librarian service which you will find at the bottom of the library website. You may also email email@example.com or Joelle Mellon, Research & Instruction Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org
Library Staff Contacts
Ann Flower, Director of the Library email@example.com
Lydia Gentry, Borrowing Services Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Joelle Mellon, Research & Instruction Librarian email@example.com
Pamela Jungerberg, Acquisitions & Serials Librarian firstname.lastname@example.org