The Center for the Blue Economy at the Middlebury Inst. of Intl. Studies (MIIS) is actively engaged in promoting the development of a blue economy for the 21st century that can help solve humanity’s greatest challenge: climate change. Celebrate the center’s 10-year anniversary with a panel discussion from innovative experts on the cutting-edge of the ocean/climate connection.
How the Blue Economy Can Help Solve the Climate Crisis
Panel Discussion and Q&A
Thursday, April 29th, 2021
12:30pm to 1:30pm PT
Online via Zoom, Registration Requested
(Zoom link sent to all registered attendees)
Free, Open to the Public
About the Event
As part of the Center for the Blue Economy’s 10-year anniversary celebrations, join us for this April 29 event with innovative leaders in the field. Learn how key blue economy sectors are at the forefront of confronting the climate challenge. The “blue economy” comprises the economic activities that create sustainable wealth from the world’s oceans and coasts.
The panel discussion will be led by Dr. Charles Colgan, Director of Research at the Center for the Blue Economy, and the event will be introduced by host Dr. Jason Scorse, Director, Center for the Blue Economy; Associate Professor and Program Chair, International Environmental Policy Studies program. As time allows, questions will be taken from the audience.
- Nico De Golia, Director, Global Sustainability & Corporate Citizenship, Crowley Maritime Corporation
- Dr. Michael Graham, Professor of Marine Ecology, Co-Managing Editor, Journal of Phycology, Moss Landing Marine Labs; Founder/Owner, Monterey Bay Seaweeds
- Alyssa Mann, Project Director for Disaster Resilience, The Nature Conservancy
- Dr. Habid Dagher, Executive Director of the Advanced Structures & Composites Center, University of Maine
- Jason Giffen, Vice President, Planning, Environment and Government Relations, Port of San Diego
- Dr. Charles Colgan, Director of Research, Center for the Blue Economy, Middlebury Inst. of Intl. Studies
- Dr. Jason Scorse, Director, Center for the Blue Economy; Associate Professor and Program Chair, International Environmental Policy Studies program, Middlebury Inst. of Intl. Studies
For pictures and bios of our panelists or hosts, visit: https://www.middlebury.edu/institute/how-blue-economy-can-help-solve-climate-crisis
Online via Zoom
Zoom link sent to all registered attendees
The Center for the Blue Economy is a research organization at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies. Our mission is to promote ocean-based sustainability solutions through leadership in economic research, education, and policy analysis. For questions contact: Rachel C. at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit centerfortheblueeconomy.org or call 831-647-4183 (must leave message and receive call back).