It’s important for all students to keep up with the latest news around the world and apply that knowledge to their studies.
Students at the Institute can get full digital access to a range of publications, including:
The Economist: Set up an account here using your middlebury.edu email address. After entering your email address, you will receive a verification email. Clicking the link in that email will establish your “group” access through Middlebury.
Wall Street Journal: Establish an account here using your middlebury.edu email address.
New York Times: For access, “claim a pass” here using your middlebury.edu email account. Student passes are valid through their graduation year. Faculty and staff passes are valid for four years. When the pass expires, a new one can be obtained at http://accessnyt.com. Middlebury’s access includes content back to 1851 through web browsers or the NYT app. (It does not include Games or other supplementary content.)
Washington Post: If you are using a device connected to a campus network, you have full access at www.washingtonpost.com. If you are off-campus, follow these steps:
1. Sign up here with your middlebury.edu email address. You should receive a verification email.
2. Click on your name in the upper right-hand corner.
3. Click My Post, then click Manage Account.
4. Make sure your email address is Verified, if not, click Unverified to be sent a verification email.
5. Once verified, click into the Subscription & Billing tab in My Post.
6. Click Activate Free Digital Access.
Once your account is created, click the Sign In button in the upper right corner of The Washington Post website, log in to your account, and get full access wherever you are.
If you encounter any problems with these subscriptions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.