Career and Academic Advisor: International Policy and Development, International Trade and Economic Diplomacy, Joint Business Administration/Policy and Development, and Joint BA/MA in Policy and Development
- MA in International Policy and Development (IPD)
- MA in International Trade and Economic Diplomacy (ITED)
- Joint Business Administration/International Policy
- BA/MA International Policy Development
- Master of Public Administration in International Management, Monterey Institute of International Studies, 2007,
- Master of Arts, International Relations, San Francisco State University, 2005
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Minor in Sociology, University of California at San Diego, 1995
- Associate of Arts, General Education, De Anza College, 1993
Scott is a MIIS alum (MPA, 2007) who joined the CACS team after spending nearly 8 years as an International Development/Humanitarian Relief professional. His most recent position was with Catholic Relief Services (CRS), where he was a Technical Adviser for Emergency Human Resources with the Humanitarian Response Department. Previously, he was a Senior Program Officer for East Africa at Relief International where he managed their Sudan and South Sudan portfolio. He also spent five years at International Relief and Development (IRD) in a variety of roles. He started as a recruiter then as a program officer for the Iraq, Food Security, and Disaster Response teams, and worked with programs in several countries, including: Niger, Ethiopia, Burkina Faso, Senegal, Gambia, Mauritania, Afghanistan, and Iraq. Prior to receiving his MPA, he was a Peace Corps recruiter for almost 4 years after he and his wife served as Peace Corps Volunteers in Niger from 1997-2001.
Due to Scott’s wide range of roles, he knows the international development industry and is familiar with many different kinds of jobs and functions. Having been a recruiter for two INGO’s (IRD and CRS) in addition to the Peace Corps, he has reviewed thousands of CV’s and interviewed hundreds of people all over the world.
My goal is to help you tell your story and make your case to potential employers – I want you to be able to apply for the right job at the right time, in the right way. I’ve got a lot of experience being that first gatekeeper who will receive your applications; I know what they’re looking for. What I also bring is a wide network of connections in the International Development Sector, in particular a lot of recruiters and HR professionals.