We look forward to helping you through the financial aid process.
Once you have accepted the loans offered to you, please complete the following steps:
1. Read and sign the Middlebury Institute Student Financial Services Disclosure Form
2. Go to www.studentaid.gov and “Log In” using your FSA ID (used to complete your FAFSA)
3. Complete Entrance Counseling
- From the top menu, hover over the “Complete Aid Process” option and click “Complete Entrance Counseling.”
- This process provides information on the terms and conditions of the direct loan program and then requests that you complete a short quiz.
4. Complete Master Promissory Note(s)
- From the top menu, hover over the “Complete Aid Process” option and click “MPN for Graduate/Professional Students” under “Complete a Master Promissory Note.”
Please note that there are separate MPN’s for Direct and Graduate Plus loans. If you are accepting a Graduate Plus loan as well, you will need to proceed to step 5.
- If accepting a Subsidized or Unsubsidized loan ONLY, complete the MPN for Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans.
- If accepting the Graduate PLUS Loan, you must also complete the MPN for Direct PLUS Loans.
5. Complete Graduate PLUS Loan Application
- From the top menu, hover over “Apply for Aid Process” option and click “Apply for a Grad PLUS Loan”
6. Complete Annual Student Loan Acknowledgment
- From the top menu, hover over “Complete Aid Process” option and click “Complete Annual Student Loan Acknowledgement”.
Please note this is a new requirement and must be completed annually.