We look forward to helping you through the financial aid process.
Once you have accepted the loans offered to you, please complete the following steps:
1. Read and sign the Middlebury Institute Student Financial Services Disclosure Form
2. Go to www.studentloans.gov and “Log In” using your FSA ID (used to complete your FAFSA)
3. For first time direct loan borrowers: Complete Entrance Counseling
- From the left-hand column, select the “Complete Loan Counseling” option.
- This process provides information on the terms and conditions of the direct loan program and then requests that you complete a short quiz.
- Students who have previously borrowed subsidized and/or unsubsidized loans do not have to complete a new entrance counseling session.
4. For Direct subsidized/unsubsidized loans: Complete a Master Promissory Note
- Select the “Complete Loan Agreement (Master Promissory Note)” option.
- Choose option “MPN for Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan”
Please note that there are separate MPN’s for Direct and Graduate Plus loans. If you are accepting a Graduate Plus loan as well, you will need to proceed to step 5.
5. For a Graduate Plus Loan: Complete Loan Agreement for a Plus Loan for Graduate Students
- Select the “Complete Loan Agreement (Master Promissory Note)” option
- Choose the option “Plus MPN for Graduate/Professional Students”