We look forward to helping you through the financial aid process.
Once you have accepted the loans offered to you, please complete the following steps:
1. Read and sign the Middlebury Institute Student Financial Services Disclosure Form
- Email the completed form to email@example.com.
2. Go to www.studentloans.gov and “Log In” using your FSA ID (used to complete your FAFSA)
3. For first time direct loan borrowers: Complete Entrance Counseling
- From the left-hand column, select the “Complete Loan Counseling” option.
- This process provides information on the terms and conditions of the direct loan program and then requests that you complete a short quiz.
- Students who have previously borrowed subsidized and/or unsubsidized loans do not have to complete a new entrance counseling session.
4. For Stafford subsidized/unsubsidized loans: Complete a Master Promissory Note
- Select the “Complete Loan Agreement (Master Promissory Note)” option.
- Choose option “MPN for Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan”
Please note that there are separate MPN’s for Stafford and Graduate Plus loans. If you are accepting a Graduate Plus loan as well, you will need to proceed to step 5.
5. For a Graduate Plus Loan: Complete Loan Agreement for a Plus Loan for Graduate Students
- Select the “Complete Loan Agreement (Master Promissory Note)” option
- Choose the option “Plus MPN for Graduate/Professional Students”