Annual MIIS Photo Contest
The MIIS photo contest is open to all Institute students, faculty, staff and alumni. Current students, staff and faculty must submit BOTH an online entry form (below) AND a printed copy of photo to Student Services.
Alumni entrants will also submit the online entry form but will be prompted to upload their photo(s) (300dpi or higher preferred). This option is for out of town alumni who want to enter the contest. Those who are in Monterey should drop off the printed photo to Student Services by the deadline.
The deadline to submit is April 3rd by 5pm. Any entries received after this deadline will NOT be considered.
Click here for entry form.
- Color and/or Black and White photographs are acceptable
- Photos must be sized 8” x 10” or 8” x 12”, and should be submitted without a mat and unframed
- Entrant’s name and title of photo should be written on the back of entry
- Maximum of 3 entries per person
- Maximum of one photo per category (see below)
- Each entry should be accompanied by a brief description of the photograph, where it was taken, significance, etc.
- People: Photo essay style revealing culture, expression, individuality, etc.
- Nature: Wildlife, scenery, landscapes, etc.
- Places: Cities, towns, geographic locations, etc., capturing the essence of a place
Please fill out your information and drop off your photo (alumni only- upload your images if you are not in Monterey) in order to be considered in this year’s annual Photo Contest. For questions about the contest please contact Student Services.
Terms and Conditions
- Members of the MIIS Community will judge the photographs during the 33rd Annual International Bazaar on Saturday, April 18, 2020. Winners will be announced via email.
- The top three submissions in each category become the property of the Institute and may be featured on campus. Winners will receive a gift card!
- Other entrants may claim their photo submissions from the Office of Student Services after voting.
- The Institute is not responsible for lost, damaged or misdirected entries. The Office of Student Services reserves the right to exclude any submission deemed inappropriate.