Advance your career with the Middlebury Institute’s new online Master of Arts in Translation and Localization Management (TLM), an accelerated degree designed for working professionals.
The Middlebury Institute is the country’s leading graduate school for localization professionals. We are now offering this degree online to qualified students to meet the rapidly growing demand for localization and language managers. This degree is similar to our on-campus Translation and Localization Management degree but is a 32-credit, online, advanced-entry program.
The Institute Advantage
We specialize in teaching graduate students interested in language, culture, business, and technology. Our faculty have extensive localization experience, and our career and academic advisors ensure that you maximize the extensive opportunities available in our programs, including access to professional conferences and workshops and our annual translation, interpretation, and localization management career fair, which draws employers from around the world.
- Earn this 32-credit, advanced-entry degree completely online.
- Finish your degree while working full or part time.
- Take advantage of employer tuition benefits.
- Learn skills that you can immediately apply to your work.
What Is Localization?
Localization is the process of adapting content related to an idea, service, or product idea to the language and culture of a specific market or region. Localization is in high demand in technology, industry, and business. It’s a $50 billion annual industry and growing rapidly. Localization management and language management are thriving fields with excellent career opportunities.
Career-Oriented Course Work
- Stand out in your field with this degree—the first and only U.S.-based online master’s degree in localization management.
- Our courses develop highly marketable skills with a strong foundation in cross-cultural understanding and communication.
- Make valuable career connections with employers who rely on the Institute as their go-to source for finding localization management talent.
See the curriculum for more details.
Faculty: Professors and Practitioners
You’ll learn online with the same faculty as our on-site master’s program. These experts combine academic expertise with years of professional experience and are active in their respective fields, engaging with industry.
Together with your career advisors, your professors will be mentors who will help ensure that you gain the academic and professional experience you need to realize your career goals.
Class size is limited due to the personalized academic and career advising we provide, so the earlier you apply, the better your chances of admission.