This page will provide all the information you need to successfully search library resources from wherever you are in the world.
To access our library-licensed resources from off campus, Middlebury Institute researchers should begin from one of the links below.
- Library Homepage
- Starting place for all research and information about the library
- Results include most content to which the library provides access
- Library catalog, best for searching the libraries print books, e-books, and print periodicals
- Full Text Finder
- Journals, newspapers, and magazines to which the library subscribes
- Middlebury Institute Databases
- A-Z list of Middlebury Institute’s subscription databases
- Research Guides
- Curated resources by program, created by your friendly Middlebury Institute librarians
Note on Remote Web Access
You may be prompted to log in using your Middlebury email and password in order to access library materials remotely. If you are logged in to a Middlebury account in another window, you may not be prompted to log in. Access to library-licensed materials is restricted to current students, faculty, and staff.
If you begin at a search engine like Google, you will not be prompted to log in and your access as a Middlebury student, faculty or staff member will not be recognized.
Still need more?
Check out these other video tutorials and presentations:
If these resources didn’t help you find what you need, please contact a MIIS librarian for assistance.
Librarians are available online:
|8:30 AM - 8:00 PM PDT||Monday - Thursday|
|8:30 AM - 5:00 PM PDT||Friday|
|11:30 AM - 8:00 PM PDT||Sunday|
Chat us using the chat box on the lower right hand side of the screen, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or reach out using the Library group on MIcommunity. We are also available by appointment for one-on-one Zoom sessions or phone calls.