The Marketing and Communications Office serves as the voice of the Institute and promotes and supports it through a variety of services.
Whether you are a reporter hoping to connect with one of our world-class experts, or a campus community member with a story to tell, we look forward to assisting you.
If you work for a media outlet, we can support you in the following areas:
Find an Expert
Search our database of experts in subjects relevant to breaking news around the world or a variety of human interest topics such as language acquisition and culture. Please contact us if you need help identifying the right faculty or staff member.
All of our Monterey-based experts are now available for live remote television interviews using our on-campus video broadcast studio. The ReadyCam® system allows our world-renowned experts to connect with broadcast news media easily and conveniently, using Enhanced IP™ technology to transmit broadcast-quality HD video over the Internet to anywhere in the world.
- Contact Sarah Ray to reserve this space.
- If you are working with Middlebury Institute staff and faculty, they should also submit a helpdesk ticket per the instructions below. If not, Sarah can submit the ticket for you.
Sign up for our monthly News and Events newsletter for the latest information about the Institute.
For the Middlebury Institute Community
If you are a student, staff, or faculty member at the Middlebury Institute, we can help you in the following areas:
For help with technical issues and editing your webpages, please submit an ITS helpdesk ticket. Your request will be assigned to the appropriate resource for support.
To discuss your website strategy, including which components to use to best represent your content and achieve your goals, please contact Muchadei Zvoma at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have a program, event, publication, story, etc., that you would like promoted?
- Internal Promotion: to reach MIIS students, staff, and faculty, please fill out the This Week at MIIS and digital signs request form. Email email@example.com with any questions.
- Newsrooms and Social Media: to go beyond the Institute campus to reach prospective students, alumni, constituents of other Middlebury Schools, and/or the general public, via our newsrooms, social media accounts, and other content channels, please submit a content request form.
- MIIS News and Events: we send this monthly newsletter to alumni and a similar newsletter to prospective students. Contact Muchadei Zvoma at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Marketing Strategy: discuss your promotion strategy, create an advertising campaign, design collateral for your program, etc., please contact Muchadei Zvoma at email@example.com.
If you need to get information and updates to the Middlebury Institute community:
- For internal communications guidance and strategy, please contact Julia Ferrante.
- To have an email sent to all students, staff, and faculty, please contact Barbara Burke.
Media Inquiries and Training
Do you feel confident doing interviews with television, radio, or print journalists? Are you comfortable speaking about your subject or research without using jargon? Has it been a while since you were last interviewed and you are unsure about the changing world of media? Our staff includes experienced professionals who deal with media on a regular basis. We can help you prepare for an interview, find a good location, and provide training if needed.
Please send media inquiries and requests for media training to Julia Ferrante.
Contact Sarah Ray to reserve the ReadyCam® studio and please submit a helpdesk ticket to get support from Media Services staff on setup:
- Navigate to go.middlebury.edu/webhelpdesk
- Select the request type Media Services >> Live Streaming Request
- Use the subject MIIS ReadyCam request for Mark Basse
- Provide timing details in the request details