The Institute has services and resources, including the WellConnect Student Assistance Program, to support students’ mental health needs.
**Middlebury College undergraduates on the Vermont campus can obtain more information and support here.**
WellConnect Student Assistance Program
ATTENTION STUDENTS: We are pleased to announce that we will be moving to a new, more robust resource, MiddTelehealth in the fall. To prepare for this transition, access to all WellConnect resources will end at 11:59 PM on May 31, 2022.
Please note the following:
- If you are interested in counseling, a provider must have received an authorization for counseling prior to June 1, 2022 in order to use your sessions. All referral authorizations expire in 60 days.
- Online therapy services with BetterHelp will terminate at exactly 11:59 PM on May 31st. No sessions will be covered after this time.
- If you have a self-pay contract already in place with BetterHelp, you can continue with that payment plan and work directly with them.
- For additional questions, please contact Kathy Geist, Account Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or (972) 810-3261
Visit the WellConnect Student Assistance Program or call (866) 640-4777, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
WellConnect offers the following services:
Anxiety/stress/depression/substance abuse/personal counseling: As a Middlebury Institute student, you are entitled to six counseling sessions per calendar year, per incident / issue. You can receive in-person counseling, online personal counseling with BetterHelp, or do a combination of both.
Budget and debt consultation
New parent transition coaching
Community resources and referrals
WellConnect is easy to use. Simply follow these steps:
In the United States call (866) 640-4777. **See below for information on how to access counseling if you are residing outside of the United States.
Give them your name and confirm you are an Institute student.
Explain the nature of your issue.
Request contact information for a counselor near you.
Follow up once you have this information to make an appointment with your counselor.
If you are interested in working with a counselor who has a specialty in BIPOC and/or LGBTQ+ support, simply tell the intake counselor and they will do their best to connect you with someone accordingly.
You can also request a contact through the WellConnect website after registering for an account. You will need the Middlebury Institute student access code MIIS-STU to create an online account.
Please find below additional information for online therapy through BetterHelp. To start, follow these directions:
Login at WellConnectForYou.com with school access code MIIS-STU
2. Click the “Online Therapy” banner at the top of the page
3. Select “START ONLINE THERAPY”
3. Complete registration and get matched with a therapist
4. Download app and start therapy
You can also call 866.640-4777 to get started with online therapy.
**Students residing outside of the United States can receive support by visiting: www.icaslifestyle.com.
- Go to the “login” box and enter the following username (MIIS) and password (sap).
- Make sure you accept “terms and conditions” or your login will not process.
Once in the site, access counseling by going to the “Call your EAP” section.
- Select your “country/region” and “language” from the drop-down boxes.
- Contact information for in-country services will then be displayed.
The countries where counseling resources are available reflect the Spring 2021 student list report. This information will be updated each semester.
Health101 / Campus Well E-Zine
Campus Well, provided by Middlebury, is a targeted and customized site that provides articles, resources and guidance on a variety of health-related topics. Students are encouraged to explore the site and sign up for a monthly digest of articles to support overall well-being and positive mental health. The section with resources about mental health may be especially useful.
Positive Wellness Programming
To learn more about free programming opportunities offered by the Office of Student Services, Middlebury College Counseling and Middlebury Health & Wellness Education, please refer to our main health and wellness landing page.