The Monterey Institute of International Studies has launched the MIIS International Friendship Program, matching incoming international students from various degree programs with enthusiastic local families. The program provides a unique opportunity for students and local families to share their cultures and backgrounds with one another and learn something new. The local families are not expected to provide students with a place to stay, but rather to invite students to explore life outside of the campus. The hope is that the program will serve as a platform to the formation of lasting friendships and connections with the Monterey Peninsula community.
The formal launch of the MIIS International Friendship Program was celebrated at a reception hosted by the eMIISsaries affinity group, at the Holland Center on August 31, and if the happy faces and laughter heard around the room are any indication, the program is off to a wonderful start!
- Translation and Interpretation,
- Custom Language Services,
- International Development and Social Change Certificate,
- Language Education,
- Executive Training,
- Frontier Market Scouts,
- International Environmental Policy,
- Immersive Learning,
- Master of Business Administration,
- Master of Public Administration,
- Nonproliferation and Terrorism Studies,
- Summer Intensive Language Program,
- Translation and Localization Management,
- Study Abroad