Generally, U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens who receive any type of income (e.g., salary, stipend, honorarium, scholarship, etc.) are required to file a federal tax return as well as a state tax return.

Tax forms are filed on a yearly basis for the previous calendar year.

In mid-February, the Middlebury Tax Manager’s Office will email all international students and scholars the appropriate tax forms that they will be responsible for.

Most students and scholars will have a filing obligation regardless of their visa status or length of program.

Middlebury Tax Manager

You will receive periodic emails from the tax manager at Middlebury. Please follow the instructions to access the documents you need to submit. Print the documents, sign them, and drop them off at the Student Services front desk. Have questions about your documents? Please contact the tax manager.

Helpful Links

You may find these links helpful in answering your tax-related questions.

Middlebury Tax Office

Filing Your Taxes

Tax Forms