Students participating in nondegree programs need to complete a specific visa process.

This information is for all nondegree students.

The following programs are considered non-degree. If you are attending one of these programs, please select your program to access the application form that you will need to fill out to request an I-20 (F-1) or DS-2019 (J-1). 

Special Note about Visitor Visa Waiver, B-1, or B-2 Status

Full-time study is not permitted in the B-1 (business) or B-2 (visitor) visa or in the visa waiver program. The B visa does permit visitors to the U.S. to take short-term classes that are not the primary purpose of the visitor’s presence in the U.S. If your program will be full time, you will need to obtain an F-1 student visa. Questions concerning visa status can be directed to

Special Note to Groups

If you are participating in a group, your immigration documents will be sent to your group coordinator.