Student clubs may qualify for Student Council funding. See below for funding guidelines.
Guidelines for Club Funding
Student clubs are eligible to receive funding from the Student Council on an ad hoc basis. Student clubs must complete the Funding Request form in order to request club funding from the Student Council. Only approved clubs will be considered for Student Council funding.
Budget Procedures Information
- Funding may be granted by the Student Council for all, some, or none of the requested amount.
- Student clubs should be prepared to meet some of their costs either by fundraising or by charging the participants fees, if necessary.
- Student clubs are accountable for how they spend funds received from the Student Council.
- Funds allocated by the Student Council may not be sent to other organizations as donations, nor may they be used for activities not approved by the Student Council.
- Funds may be spent only for the activities and materials approved by the Student Council. Spending for non-approved purposes may result in reimbursement refusal.
- Clubs must follow the procedures for reimbursement and revenue. Contact the Office of Student Services for assistance.
- The Student Council will not fund meals at expensive restaurants, costly equipment, luxury goods, elaborate parties, or activities that benefit only a small number of students.
- Entrance fees, speaker fees, film rentals, etc., will be considered legitimate expenses. Non-legitimate expenses include gas money, transportation, tickets, phone bills, and lodging. Authorization for the use of funds by individual council representatives or officers will not be accepted.
- If a club wishes to challenge a decision of the Student Council, the club treasurer must attend a Student Council General Session meeting and present the budget request. Should a motion be made to reconsider the decision of the Student Council, it must pass by a two-thirds majority vote of the Student Council.
- Inclusion on the meeting agenda should be arranged in advance by submitting the Funding Request form.
- Funds allocated to a club from the SC will be processed through the Student Council account. Funds will never be transferred to an outside bank account.
- Additionally, approved student clubs are not permitted to maintain independent bank accounts. All monies, whether allocated from the Student Council or those raised by the club, must be processed through the Student Council bank account. Generally funds will not be transferred to a separate budget account.
- If a club plans to host a forum or conference, make sure to read through the Community Initiatives Fund policies and procedures.