Our new student housing at 787 Munras Avenue provides comfortable living with shared spaces for cooking, collaborating, and socializing with your fellow students.
Convenience and Community
- Newly renovated, fully furnished housing for up to 85 Institute students plus two resident assistants
- Option of single rooms, double rooms, or triple rooms
- Shared kitchens, bathrooms, study spaces, and common areas
- Fosters community and connections with fellow students
- Price includes all utilities (electricity, water, trash/recycling, and Wi-Fi)
- Price includes access to bicycle storage and 64 parking spots (underground and outdoor)
- Conveniently located within a 10-minute walk to classes and Institute facilities
- Walking distance to grocery stores, restaurants, and the Del Monte Shopping Center
- Secure access via ID card and codes
- Eliminates landlords and lease negotiations
- On-site support from the director of residential life and residential assistants
Our student housing was designed with an approach that considers the varied abilities of all users with a focus on equitable, flexible, and maneuverable spaces. Several rooms have full mobility clearance. There are multiple communication features and a variety of bathroom types and locations.
Pricing and Payment
Costs below include all utilities:
Academic Year 2022–2023
- Single room $6,300/semester
- Double room $5,222/semester (per person)
- Triple room $4,748/semester (per person)
Applying For Housing
Your Munras Student Housing will be awarded through an application process and is not guaranteed. Your housing application and placement is for a semester. Munras residents will need to re-apply for housing each semester. Placement in future semesters is not guaranteed. Should your applicant be denied, be assured that housing decisions will take place early enough for you to find off-campus housing if necessary.
Only current students and incoming students who have already paid their tuition deposit may apply.
If you’d like to apply for student housing, follow these steps:
1. Log into the Student Housing Portal HERE.
2. Use your Middlebury account in the format of email@example.com and password to enter the housing portal.
3. Once you have signed into your portal, you will be able to see your current information displayed on the home page, as well as in the “Personal Information” tab.
4. Our Fall 2022 Application is available under the “applications” tab.
Move-In Fall 2022 semester
- New Student Move-In: August 26-29
- Returning Student Move-In: September 2-September 6 (with the option to move in starting Aug 26)
- Fall 2022 Resident Move-Out: December 9-18
- Halls close for Fall 2022 on December 18, 2022 at noon.
Our resident assistants can you after business hours and on weekends. To contact them, call our RA duty phone at 1(831)884-2447. They have a variety of responsibilities, including conducting safety and maintenance inspections, serving out a duty rotation, community building, and hosting programs.
Resources and Policies
- Residential life policies
- Facilities requests
- Technology Helpdesk
- SP 22 COVID-19 Contract
- SP 22 Resident Agreement
If you have any questions about Munras housing, please contact the director of residential life Saiya Yanagihashi.
If you have any questions about enrolling at the Middlebury Institute, please contact the admissions team.