Custom Language Services prepares managers and executives to engage effectively in multicultural and multilingual business environments.
Our high-impact approach to curriculum design and instruction emphasizes the development of practical skills for international business. Clients can focus on communication skills at the core of successful global business exchanges such as negotiations, relationship building, and meetings and presentations, as well as organizational and conflict management in multicultural contexts.
Coursework offers immersive experiences combining critical language skills in content areas such as finance and economics, commerce, import/export control, agriculture, hospitality, media and public relations, sustainable energy, cyber security, and emerging technologies. Content is drawn from relevant, real-world situations and may include expert interviews and guest speakers.
Professional Communication Areas
Cross-border relationship building
Business culture and etiquette
The following sample custom programs can be developed around industry-specific contexts with a focus on skills critical to international business communication. They were designed for specific clients and can be modified to accommodate your needs.
- English or Chinese; intermediate to advanced levels
- English, Spanish, French, or Chinese; intermediate to advanced levels
Business Negotiations for Nonnative Speakers of English
- High-intermediate to advanced levels
Cross-Cultural Communications for Managers and Executives
- 3-5 day workshop modules for native and high-level nonnative speakers of English:
- Module 1: Building Cultural Intelligence in High-Potential Leaders
- Module 2: Multicultural Team Building in a Virtual Environment
- Module 3: Leading Global Teams and Understanding the Cultural Matrix
- Module 4: Conflict Management in Multicultural Settings
To discuss how we can customize an on-site, off-site, and/or online program that is right for your specific needs, please contact us.