OCEAN CLIMATE ACTION
CAPITOL HILL LOBBY DAY
APRIL 14, 2021
Ocean Climate Action Virtual Lobby Days Preliminary Schedule
Tuesday, April 13, 2021
Federal Agency Day
(public welcome to join opening remarks)
(experts, small group meetings, by invitation only)
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Capitol Hill Day
(public participation encouraged)
(public participation encouraged)
“It’s time for boldness because there is so much to do!” - President Joseph R. Biden.
The Biden Administration is committed to fighting climate change. All sectors of the ocean conservation and environmental justice community must act now to promote a new blue economy for the 21st century. Together, we will ensure that the Ocean Climate Action Plan (OCAP) is central to U.S. policy.
Writing Workshop for Ocean & Climate Advocacy
Center for the Blue Economy & Blue Frontier
Saturday, March 27, 2021
10:00 am – 11:30 am PT/1:00 pm – 2:30 pm ET
Online via Zoom, Registration Required
Free, Open to the Public, Space limited
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, March 24th, 2021
Register here: Writing Workshop for Ocean/Climate Advocacy
BROAD CITIZEN LOBBY TO PROMOTE OCEAN CLIMATE ACTION
ON APRIL 13 & 14, 2021
Monterey, CA - March 4, 2021
In what is expected to be the largest ocean lobby in U.S. history, the Ocean Climate Action Plan (OCAP) coalition, with key supporters including Climate Envoy John Kerry, Jane Fonda, founder of the environmental justice movement Dr. Robert Bullard, indigenous groups, industry and maritime leaders, environmentalists, social justice activists and youth will be heard in their efforts to promote job-generating ocean solutions to the climate crisis.
More Ways to Be Part of the Solution
Not able to join the Virtual Lobby Days, but want to take action?
- SIGN the Ocean Climate Action Petition and stand with us!
- READ the Ocean Climate Action Plan (30 pages) to educate yourself on the specific policies to create change.
- SHARE our Twitter feed and use the hashtag #OceanClimateAction2021 to demand change.
- BE INSPIRED by, and help grow, the diverse list of Primary Signatory Supporters fighting with us (John Kerry, Jane Fonda, Philippe and Ashlan Cousteau, indigenous groups, industry leaders, environmental and business leaders).
The Ocean Climate Action Plan (OCAP) coalition is working around the clock to get new laws passed in Congress and to make sure federal agencies use their regulatory and budgetary power to support ocean and coastal environmental justice and climate action. The Ocean-Based Climate Solutions Act currently being developed in the House of Representatives is a step in the right direction, but our coalition is working to make sure all of our key recommendations are made a priority:
- Offshore renewable energy that supports communities and ecosystems
- A job-producing living shorelines coastal restoration industry
- Sustainable fisheries and aquaculture
- The greening of our ports and shipping industry
- The 30x30 initiative to expand marine protected areas to 30% of federal waters.
Follow us on Social Media
TWITTER @CBE_MIIS or @Blue_Frontier and FACEBOOK @CenterForTheBlueEconomy or @BlueFront.org and INSTAGRAM @OceanClimateAction
MEDIA KIT & MORE INFORMATION
Help us spread the word and help more people to MAKE THEIR VOICES HEARD. Members of the press and the public who wish to see social media suggestions and more on the Ocean Climate Action Plan can visit our webpage: Ocean Climate Action 2021-Media Kit & Info
For questions and suggestions, please contact the Ocean Climate Action 2021 co-organizers:
OCAP Virtual Lobby Days Coordinator